Monday, November 3, 2014

Clear like water

As every good citizen I want to be informed on what happen in my town. Today I bought the main local newspaper, "La Gazzetta delle Martesana", and I found many articles related to drinking water.

As far as I know we have two different issues here:

1) Someone (not better specified) have decided to replace the little bottle of mineral water from the lunch of school with tap water;

2) On the week between October, 20th and October, 26th the drinking water smelled like a refinery.

Obviously the two issues are strictly related: nobody wants to give to his own children bad water!

Everybody, mayor Massimo Mandelli, Tommaso Chiarella, who usually acts as the real mayor of Cassina, Andrea Maggio, the chief of the opposition, are trying to explain what happened and gain something from people trouble. It's ok, the most of the politicians take in consideration their own visibility before the people health, but I want to put on the table some open questions:

1) When, exaclty, do the Comune received the first notification of the problem? Tuesday evening? Wednesday mornig? On Thursday?

2) I sow on the Comune's web site the analysis but there's no analysis on water drawn on Tuesday evening (October, 23th) when Cassina was in the peak of the problem. The analysis on water drawn on Saturday (October, 25th) is not useful: we was almost out of the emergency. I guess that no strange element will be found on the water drawn on Saturday's water, that's the new water flown after the emergency.

3) On the Comune's web site the analysis there are the chemical analysis on the water network but there aren't the "analisi microbiologiche", I wondering is there any issue from a microbiological point of view?

4) I read that the mayor drank the smelly water (what's stupid thing) and said: "no problem, I drank it and I'm still alive!". This is the best technical information we have in this moment. When we will have full information on the smelly water?

5) Andrea Maggio said "we will present a petition!", Why is he waiting? Usually the best is "battere il chiodo finche' e' caldo".

I hope someone will catch these points and will try to make this emergency clear like water, like mountain's water not the Cassina one.

No comments:

Post a Comment